Women United is a group of more than 100 appointed women leaders across Delaware who are inspired and mobilized to offer their time, talent and resources to the address the needs of women and girls in our community.
The goals of Women United are to:
- Help women realize their full potential
- Form and strengthen strategic partnerships and collaborations
- Nurture philanthropic interests
- Develop leadership skills
- Foster a spirit of giving back through volunteer and donor networking and engagement events
- Empower women to make an impact in their communities
Women United’s current strategic leadership team includes: Michelle Taylor, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Delaware, Dr. Janice Nevin, CEO of Christiana Care Health System, Dr. LaVerne Harmon, Executive Vice President, Wilmington University.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (302) 573-3700.
Stay United With Us
Muriel E. Gilman Women in Action (WIA) Mentoring Program
The Muriel E. Gilman WOMEN IN ACTION Mentoring Program is the only mentoring program in the state where professional women mentor other professional women by helping them achieve their business, civic and community impact goals, and build long-term fulfilling partnerships.
More than 75 pairs of women have completed the WOMEN IN ACTION Mentoring Program. The members have completed more than 400 volunteer hours and are leading projects on topics including:
- Professional Resources
- College/Career Readiness
- Women’s Health
- Youth Development/IM40
- Financial Empowerment
- Access to Quality Education (K-12)
- People in Transition
- Financial Empowerment for Early Care and Education Providers
- Mentoring/Coaching Middle School Students
The Muriel E. Gilman Women in Action Mentoring Program is sponsored by United Way of Delaware in collaboration with Great Dames, Inc.