IN THE COMMUNITY
Did you know that in Delaware:
- Nearly three-quarters of children under the age of five attend licensed early care and education programs, but more than a quarter of these programs are rated as "poor"?
- One-third of children are living in families where neither parent has full-time, year-round employment?
- Nearly half of all households do not have a savings or investment account?
- Our state ranks 44th worst out of 50 states in credit card debt?
- More than 100,000 people go without health insurance, which can significantly limit care and lead to more expensive, long-term conditions?
- The 85+ population is growing at triple the rate of the general population?
At United Way of Delaware, we work collectively with our partners from business, nonprofit, government, academia and faith-based groups, along with concerned individuals, to eliminate the root causes of these problems.
Live United 2015
In 2010, United Way of Delaware adopted its five-year strategy, Live United 2015.
This plan focuses UWD's resources into three pillars, Education, Income and Health, which serve as the building blocks for a better life.
Under the three pillars fall five Strategic Focus Areas: